The Global Education Benchmark Group welcomes proposals for sessions at the 2019 GEBG Global Educators Conference hosted by Pace Academy in Atlanta, Georgia from April 4th-6th, 2019.
The Global Educator’s Conference is open to anyone interested in global education, and will address critical issues in the field with an emphasis on global curriculum development, global competency skills and assessments, institutional leadership, off-campus program development and risk management, current trends in the field, and more.
Ideal proposals will demonstrate innovative pedagogical approaches, offer well-defined academic and/or experiential models, institutional best practices, highlight assessment tools and/or use of technology, include practical takeaways and articulate how the audience will be engaged.
Requirements: : In lieu of the $475/$575 registration fee, the primary presenter will pay a reduced fee of $375. Any co-presenters will be required to pay the full conference registration fee. Any non-school entities submitting a proposal must have a primary co-presenter from an education institution. We prefer no more than 2 presenters per presentation and typically accept no more than one presentation per school or accompanying organization.
Sessions: This year we will have 3 session types. A majority of the session blocks will remain as 60 minute conference presentations, we will have one block of 25 minute Highlight presentations that will focus on curricular examples within schools, and we will have one block of 90 minute, interactive Deep Dive sessions that will allow for participants to engage more fully. Please allow for at least 10 minutes of questions in each session. Audio/visual equipment will be provided for each session. Presenters will be responsible for their own laptops and associated hardware.
Application Information: The (extended) deadline for proposal submission is Tuesday, November 27, 2018. Applicants will be notified by December 15, 2018.
We are seeking proposals on the topics of:
- Global Citizenship: What are good models, frameworks, and assessments for developing global citizenship?
- Global Curriculum and Content: What are your best lessons for emerging global topics? Show us how you handle content, pedagogy, and perspectives on complex topics.
- Travel Program Development: What are innovative models of global travel programming? Where do we see the need for further travel program innovation? What are current issues in risk management?
- Professional Development: How we best design and lead meaningful and substantial faculty professional development for our schools? How do we develop our faculty to both guide and model global citizenship development?
- Technology: How does technology enable, support, and enrich integrated global communication and collaboration?
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity: How do we ensure our programs are accessible, safe, and relevant for all students and faculty program leaders? How do we best support and empower our international students as valued members of our diverse school communities? How do we collaborate with our colleagues in the work of diversity, inclusion and equity on campus?
Submit your presentation proposal here
Thank you for your interest in submitting a proposal. The deadline has passed.