Interested in learning more about the countless resources, unique data collections, and other valuable benefits that await GEBG Members?
GEBG membership is open to schools that meet at least 4 out of 6 of the following global education program requirements and are tax exempt under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3) or as approved by the Board of Directors:
- express a commitment to global education or global citizenship in their mission statement;
- require students to take a global education course, such as world history, comparative politics, world geography, global studies or global issues, in secondary school (middle and/or high school);
- require students to develop proficiency in a new language;
- have a titled position designated for global education or a portion of a job description and time designated for global education;
- can demonstrate that at least 10 percent of their secondary (middle and/or high school) school students travel abroad for purposes of language study, cultural study, community service or service learning; and
- offer at least four school-sponsored travel abroad programs annually.
To maintain membership each year schools will also need to
- submit data and complete a survey on an annual basis;
- submit annual member dues (billed annually in September);
- actively participate in the work of the organization by submitting data, attending conferences, regional meetings/events, trainings or other GEBG events and engaging substantially through member resources.
Please contact us for more information
Ready to join us?
To become a GEBG member please complete the form below and submit payment through Pay Pal at the bottom of the page.
Pay the new membership fee here
Member Dues: $300 annually
Membership Year: September 1 – August 31