Interested in learning more about the countless resources, unique data collections, and other valuable benefits that await GEBG Members?
GEBG membership is open to schools that meet at least 4 out of 6 of the following global education program requirements and are tax exempt under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3) or as approved by the Board of Directors:
- express a commitment to global education or global citizenship in their mission statement;
- require students to take a global education course, such as world history, comparative politics, world geography, global studies or global issues, in secondary school (middle and/or high school);
- require students to develop proficiency in a new language;
- have a titled position designated for global education or a portion of a job description and time designated for global education;
- can demonstrate that at least 10 percent of their secondary (middle and/or high school) school students travel abroad for purposes of language study, cultural study, community service or service learning; and
- offer at least four school-sponsored travel abroad programs annually.
To maintain membership each year schools will also need to
- submit data and complete a survey on an annual basis;
- submit annual member dues (billed annually in September);
- actively participate in the work of the organization by submitting data, attending conferences, regional meetings/events, trainings or other GEBG events and engaging substantially through member resources.
Please contact us for more information
Ready to join us?
To become a GEBG member please complete the form below. After your application is reviewed and accepted you will be invoiced for the membership fee of $350. To expedite your application feel free to pay the membership fee below after submitting your application.
To expedite the membership application process feel free to pay the membership registration fee here. Otherwise, you will be billed once your application has been reviewed.