The Global Education Benchmark Group (GEBG) is the leading organization of schools that establishes best practices in the field of global education, supports members through a myriad of benefits, and helps schools prepare students for an increasingly interconnected and complex world. Benefits of membership include:
- Network of Global Educators Connect with more than 250 independent schools around the world through the GEBG listserv and numerous regional meetings. Global Directors and administrators regularly communicate about program planning and assessment, travel advisories, school and travel policies, assessment tools, curriculum, partner school connections and a host of other needs.
- Discounted Travel Assistance International SOS is offering their “best-in- class” crisis response and pre- and on- trip assistance services in managing medical and security risk as well as crisis response, all at a substantial discount for GEBG member schools. The plan includes comprehensive insurance with Navigators (through United Educators) and Nationwide Insurance Companies to cover costs and additional liability protection for international settings.
- Professional Learning for School Leaders and Faculty Member schools educators receive significant discounts to participate in various learning opportunities for professional and personal growth in global education including global competency-based curriculum workshops, trainings on institutional and travel risk management, leadership development, and a range of global learning experiences focused on pressing issues. .
- School and Program Assessment Member schools can engage in an assessment process based on a set of standards that attest to the quality of a school’s global education vision, teaching and learning, programming, and risk management systems through our Evaluation or Endorsement initiative.
- Custom School Services and Trainings Member schools gain access to expert services customized to their school’s needs at costs well below the market rates. Projects vary based on school needs, but frequently focus on risk management trainings for overnight travel programs, strategic planning for global education, curriculum view for global competencies/perspectives, and leadership coaching for administrators.
- Benchmark Data and Analysis GEBG collects extensive data through our annual survey and makes this data available to member schools in formats that are usable for decision making and highlight ways schools can benchmark in their peer group. Member schools can also utilize GEBG’s custom designed database to track their curricular, institutional and program development as well as critical incidents.
- Document Library Obtain access to sample policies and forms, curriculum examples, strategic plans, and a plethora of useful information including GEBG model practices, research and tools.
- Collaborative Student Travel A small group of students and faculty join with a handful of other schools to travel to countries of critical importance to better understand the complexity of contemporary issues and how best to design and manage global learning programs in these locations. Previous programs have been offered in Morocco, Cambodia, Colombia, Namibia, South Korea and Turkey.
- Global Bookshelf Join in a worldwide initiative to “read globally” and read quick reviews of vetted books that broaden students’ understanding of the world.