The Global Education Benchmark Group (GEBG) is the leading organization of schools that establishes best practices in the field of global education, supports members through a myriad of benefits, and prepares students — academically and exponentially — for a culturally rich and diverse world. Benefits of membership include:
- Network of Global Educators Connect with more than 200 independent schools around the world through the GEBG listserv. Global Directors and administrators regularly communicate about travel advisories, school and travel policies, assessment tools, curriculum, partner school connections and a host of other needs.
- Travel Assistance International SOS is offering their “best-in- class” crisis response and pre- and on- trip assistance services at a GEBG member discount of just 25% of their minimum independent school pricing. The plan includes comprehensive insurance with Navigators (through United Educators) and Nationwide Insurance Companies
- Faculty Professional Development Educators participate in various learning opportunities for professional and personal growth in global education including collaborative faculty travel, trainings on curriculum, institutional and travel risk management, leadership development and annual regional and international meetings.
- Collaborative Student Travel Students and faculty travel to countries of critical importance to better understand the complexity of contemporary issues. SPrevious programs have been offered in Cambodia, Colombia, Namibia, Senegal, South Korea and Turkey.
- Global Education Evaluation and Endorsement Schools are assessed based on a set of standards that attest to the quality of a school’s programming and risk management systems.
- Benchmark Database Schools utilize this tool to benchmark curricular, institutional and program development as well as track critical incidents
- Resource Library Obtain access to travel program itineraries, sample policies, legal documents, curriculum examples, and a plethora of useful information.
- Global Bookshelf Join in a worldwide initiative to “read globally” and choose vetted books that broaden students’ understanding of the world.