DESIGNING AND ASSESSING INTERCULTURAL LEARNING
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2020 // CHICAGO, IL // HOSTED BY LAKE FOREST ACADEMY
Join the GEBG community for an in-depth look at evolving research, engaging questions, and exemplary school models around developing and implementing global curricula in our schools.
- Are you leading curricular initiatives, working to integrate global competencies or global citizenship education into classrooms at your school?
- Are you exploring new and innovative ways to generate student-driven learning with a global focus, preparing them for a more interconnected world?
- Are you looking for tools and models to assess intercultural competence–in students and faculty?
- Are you thinking strategically about how students practice global competencies year after year, culminating in key demonstrations of learning?
- Are you interested to hear about how other schools use creative program-design to maximize learning–from mini-mesters to diploma programs?
- Are you exploring ways to bring academic focus and credit to global travel programs, or ways to bring global experiential education into the education of all your graduates in a cost-effective way?
This one-day summit will feature both break-out sessions on specific topics as well as feature presentations from school leaders and university researchers–including leaders from the Center for Intercultural Learning, Mentorship, Assessment, and Research at Purdue University who will share about their leading work in the field of intercultural assessment and their curation of practical, free tools!
Monday, February 10, 2020
7:30 AM: Shuttle bus transportation from hotel to Lake Forest Academy
8:00 – 8:30 AM: Registration & coffee
8:30 – 4:00 PM: Global Summit on Curriculum
4:00 – 5:00 PM: Networking happy hour (on campus)
Lake Forest Academy, just north of Chicago, IL, which has a long-standing and innovative global education program.
Price for Summit : $175 USD for member schools, $195 for non member school registration. Includes programming and lunch.
Spots in this program are limited.
We have reserved a room block at the Hotel Indigo for $109 on Sunday night and $119 on Monday night if you stay over. Book online or by phone. The group code is Lake Forest Academy / GEBG
Hotel Indigo // 50 North Milwaukee Ave, Vernon Hills, IL 60061, // 847-918-1400